free web hit counter

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Not just us ...

I took a little bit of stick over the Christmas break from a few people who had read my blog and come to the conclusion (as a result of various Party Pictures I had posted) that the life of a IESE MBA student is one long string of fancy-free-fiestas, all jape and frivolity. Well I can tell you it certainly is not.

And even if it was then at least it's not just us ! Back at the start of last term a Portuguese chap called Nico left us to go to INSEAD on the Singapore campus and has just started the course this January. I recieved an email entitled "Happy Chinese New Year" with some photos attached. I expected to see images of Nico praying before a 12ft effigy of the Buddha, josticks a-blazin' etc. But no ...


New Year - Singapore Style

... as you can see - these are new MBA students. Give them 4 months of financial accounting and they'll be the ones be staying in on a Saturday night looking like this :


Saturday Night - Barcelona Style

Sad - isn't it ?

3 Comments:

At 9:09 am, Blogger George said...

come on Franchise, be honest. If u count the number of girls and men in that pool, taking in consideration that i'm sure some of those girls were men some years ago, you will notice that the ratio is not far from our 80/20. In addition, have a look at the man at the base of the human piramid... he has the guilty face of the one who has just pissed in the pool.

 
At 10:54 pm, Blogger Ashwyn said...

LOL I have to agree with George :-) Btw would you mind if I put up a link to your blog from mine?

 
At 1:05 am, Blogger Francis Lewis said...

I would be delighted Ashwyn - I look forward to hearing about what is happening back in the real world !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home